Oh Baby! Corporate Care
Guiding your business to become breastfeeding friendly
Breastfeeding creates healthier moms and healthier babies. The American Academy of Pediatrics and an exhaustive list of research tells us this. Research also points to the knowledge that a woman’s career plans have the most significant impact on both exclusivity and duration of breastfeeding (McKinley 2004). Most breastfeeding women who return to work have discontinued within the first month back at work (Cardenas 2005).
Did you know? The Affordable Care Act mandates...
"Employers with more than 50 employees must provide breastfeeding mothers with “reasonable break time” and a private place to express breastmilk during the workday (that is NOT a bathroom), until the child’s first birthday"
Building a lactation program makes sense. Even with smaller businesses, creating welcoming and supportive work/life programs have consistently shown impact for health and well-being for employees, translating into cost savings and proven retention. With breastfeeding initiation rates in CT above 86%, many new moms are frustrated in meeting their feeding goals as they return to work. Many talented employees will seek companies that offer thoughtful programs that offer education, Lactation Consultant support, and comfortable pumping areas.
Many companies do not know their responsibilities under the law and are open to legal risk by not following it.
How have lactation programs made an impact?
- Found an annual savings of 240,000$ in health care costs for mothers and babies involved with their corporate lactation program
- Noted a 77% decrease in lost time with program participants
Mutual of Omaha was:
- Named one of the “100 Best Companies for Working Women” by Working Mother magazine, which is priceless marketing.
- Noted a large reduction in newborn health care claims
- Realized hospital health care costs for newborns were 2.7 times less for babies whose mothers participated in the program. ($115,881/year additional cost for non-participants’ claims)
- Self reported high employee satisfaction
Corporate Lactation Programs have a high ROI by:
- Lowering absenteeism rates (up to half the number of 1 day absences);
- Improving productivity
- Raising employee morale and loyalty to the company
86-92 percent of breastfeeding employees return to work after childbirth, with a lactation support program, compared to the national average of 59 percent.
Be prepared with the support and knowledge to help your new parent employees navigate back to work!
Let us help you create a lactation program that decreases illness and disease in mother and baby, makes Dads feel supported in their new roles, and makes your company an all-around rocking place to work!
Oh, Baby! Corporate can:
- Provide prenatal breastfeeding education/breastfeeding classes both virtually and face to face if desired.
- Consult on creatively identifying breast pumping spaces
- Help your HR and Facility Management services comply with the requirements of the Law in your state and for your company size.
- Assist and guide employee breast pump choices with existing insurance coverage
- Create ways to keep breastfeeding employees safe through milk expression in a sanitary and safe environment
- Provide one on one support for new parents, and find local resources if needed
- Promote and assist your company with social media exposure and marketing to potential hires
- Smaller businesses can set themselves apart, and offer their staff a unique, cost effective program.
Call or email to share your needs, and let us customize a lactation program for your business.