Preparing for a home visit
Preparing for a visit at your home shouldn't be stressful. Most likely you have a new baby, and the last thing you need to worry about is "tidying up!" A few things, though, can make the visit smoother for all...
- Let's meet in the place you usually feed the baby. It can help me to see how I can help you.
- Adequate lighting helps, to examine how the baby is feeding and an oral exam. I might use a penlight or a headlamp to check baby's mouth to assist my visualization.
- A flat, firm surface for the infant scale, if it is needed for pre and post feeding weights.
- Pets need to be removed from the consult area. I am a huge animal lover, and a stranger working closely with their new baby can be stressful for them. It is safer and less distracting for all if we wait to interact until later. I'd love to meet your furry family member after we're finished!
- Payment is due at time of service, unless other arrangements have been made. Please discuss any financial hardships or payment plans previous to our meeting. Oh, Baby! can process cash, checks or any credit/debit card including a health savings account.